As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The loss of a loved one can be a very difficult thing. Losing a husband can be particularly hard hitting. When someone that you are close to loses their husband, your time is one of the most valuable things that you can give. Help with dinner, picking up kids, running errands, cleaning or anything else. All of these things will be appreciated.
The right gift for someone that is newly widowed and grieving can also be really thoughtful. For that reason, we have put together a list of the best gifts for widows that we could come up with.
Some of these gifts are comforting or a way to remember her husband. Other gifts are simply helpful with the day-to-day things that a new widow has to deal with (and may not feel like dealing with). Hopefully these gifts ideas for widows can make a difference in someone’s life.
1. Some new widows don’t want to read, and some feel like they aren’t able to focus on anything. Others take comfort in reading, as it can be comforting to know that others have gone through this experience. It’s OK That You’re Not OK is a book that has helped a lot of widows through a difficult time.
3. A body pillow can be a nice idea for someone that is not used to sleeping alone. Night time can be one of the most challenging since that is a time when people are alone with their thoughts, and may have trouble sleeping.
5. This bracelet says Until we meet again in Morse code, and it can be something for her to wear to feel close to her husband. One nice thing about this gift is that it’s something that a widow can wear all the time, but she won’t get too many questions about it from others.
13. These memory boxes will help her to sort through and occasionally revisit different memories, photos and keepsakes. Sorting through old possessions can be a helpful way to help the grieving process.
15. The holidays can be a particularly trying time for a widow. After all, holidays are likely to bring up all sorts of memories from years past. This Christmas ornamentcan be a nice way for her to remember her husband.
17. For that matter, an Amazon eGift Card can be a great gift for a widow since she can order just about anything she wants. If you’re not quite sure what to get, but you want to send a gift, this can be a really good idea.
Practical Gifts For New Widows
A lot of new widows do not feel like getting out of bed in the morning, much less handling all of the various chores that life involves. For this reason, getting her food and supplies to help her get through the day can be hugely helpful.
30. Food storage containers can be a nice gift for a new widow. This is particularly great if you are able to fill it with some home made food, which she is sure to appreciate.
There is just no easy way to get through the grieving period after the loss of a loved one. These things just happen on their own time line. That said, there are certainly things that you can do to help ease the pain a little.
Spending time with someone that has gone through a loss can be really helpful. Sometimes, that might mean talking with her about her husband. Other times, that might mean doing something fun to try and help her take her mind off things.
Beyond spending time with her, getting thoughtful gifts for widows can go a long way. This is particularly true if you live far away and aren’t able to see her as often as you like. Hope these ideas help.
Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.