As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The loss of a loved one can be a very difficult thing. Losing a husband can be particularly hard hitting. When someone that you are close to loses their husband, your time is one of the most valuable things that you can give. Help with dinner, picking up kids, running errands, cleaning or anything else. All of these things will be appreciated.
The right gift for someone that is newly widowed and grieving can also be really thoughtful. For that reason, we have put together a list of the best gifts for widows that we could come up with.
Some of these gifts are comforting or a way to remember her husband. Other gifts are simply helpful with the day-to-day things that a new widow has to deal with (and may not feel like dealing with). Hopefully these gifts ideas for widows can make a difference in someone’s life.
- Thoughtful Gifts For Widows
- It’s OK That You’re Not OK
- A Widow’s Journey: Reflections on Walking Alone
- Body Pillow
- Pillow With Her Husband’s Picture On It
- Willow Tree Hand-Painted Sculpted Figure
- Necklace With His Name On It
- Memory Boxes
- Christmas Ornament
- Starbucks gift card
- Amazon eGift Card
- Practical Gifts For New Widows
Thoughtful Gifts For Widows
1. Some new widows don’t want to read, and some feel like they aren’t able to focus on anything. Others take comfort in reading, as it can be comforting to know that others have gone through this experience. It’s OK That You’re Not OK is a book that has helped a lot of widows through a difficult time.
Practical Gifts For New Widows
A lot of new widows do not feel like getting out of bed in the morning, much less handling all of the various chores that life involves. For this reason, getting her food and supplies to help her get through the day can be hugely helpful.
There is just no easy way to get through the grieving period after the loss of a loved one. These things just happen on their own time line. That said, there are certainly things that you can do to help ease the pain a little.
Spending time with someone that has gone through a loss can be really helpful. Sometimes, that might mean talking with her about her husband. Other times, that might mean doing something fun to try and help her take her mind off things.
Beyond spending time with her, getting thoughtful gifts for widows can go a long way. This is particularly true if you live far away and aren’t able to see her as often as you like. Hope these ideas help.